python 2.4 upgrade

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Thu Nov 11 14:44:40 UTC 2004

On Thursday 11 November 2004 01:38, Alan Milligan wrote:
> I had hoped that bug request 120635 regarding integrating new python
> macros into rpm would have been addressed as part of these changes.

Just some feedback about the macros ... (naming convention; nothing
about whether they should be in rpm.)

%pythonprefix - seems overkill; %{_prefix} will should cover well

%pythonversion - %pyver, %pybasever already exist ... would need
harmonization throughout all specs.

%pythonpath - suggest %pythonhome as naming (a la $JAVA_HOME)

Can someone share with me when get_python_lib() != get_python_lib(1)?
Inquiring minds want to know.  %pythondir, %pyexecdir,
%python_sitearch, %python_sitelib, are pretty superfluous macros.

thanks,
--
-jeff