rawhide report: 20041110 changes

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 11 19:13:22 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 18:10 -0500, Build System wrote:

> vte-0.11.11-13
> --------------
> * Tue Nov 09 2004 Ray Strode <rstrode at redhat.com> 0.11.11-13
> - Don't copy blocks; use pointers to block array directly.
>   (based on the debugging efforts of
>   Egmont Koblinger <egmong at uhulinux.hu>, bug 135537).

This seems to have fixed an incredibly annoying (to Nano users in any
case) bug in vte that made Nano not refresh correctly (there are three
dupes of this bug against nano actually, #127972, #135159 and #138726) -
I installed this on my FC3 system and now Nano appears to work fine (I
have only tested a bit, but at least I can no longer reproduce the
massive screen corruption that I was seeing before). Any chance we could
see an FC3 update?

Thanks,
Per Bjornsson

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University