Java status for FC4?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Nov 12 00:25:28 UTC 2004

On 11/11/2004 10:15:05 AM, Thomas Fitzsimmons wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 06:52, Avi Alkalay wrote:
> > OK, so how can I have Java (not GCJ) installed in FC3 in the most
> > straight forward way.
> >
> > I'm expecting a 1 step response like:
> >
> > - Do this: rpm -Uvh
> http://blabla.jpackage.blabla/blabla/something.rpm
> >

> yum install java-1.4.2-gcj-compat-devel

Does that install a capable mozilla plugin?
I currently use blackdown J2SDK - but sometimes when a new distro is
released and gcc is updated it breaks until a new blackdown is
released.

A JRE in the distro would solve that issue, so long as it has a java
plugin that works. This also would be desirable for PPC machines, as
Blackdown doesn't (to my knowledge) provide a ppc JRE.