glibc-2.3.3-76 problem starting httpd

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Mon Nov 15 21:08:14 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 16:02 -0500, Salane KIng wrote:
> On Monday 15 November 2004 12:53, Colin Walters wrote:
> > On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 20:19 -0500, Salane KIng wrote:
> > > service httpd start
> > > Starting httpd: /usr/sbin/httpd: error while loading shared libraries:
> > > librt.so.1: failed to map segment from shared object: Permission denied
> >
> > Try this:
> >
> > restorecon /lib/librt*.so*
> >
> > Somehow the files got mislabeled.  This seems to be a problem popping up
> > occasionally.  My guess is it's a prelink bug.
> yep tried that and the rest of the files in that folder. I finally got the old
> DocumentRoot error.

"old DocumentRoot error"?  Can you be more precise?

> I ended up doing a reboot with selinux=0.

Woah, woah.  You can disable enforcement *just* for Apache.
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3/index.html#using-s-c-securitylevel

If you turn it off entirely then you lose all the protection of the other daemons.
Please don't do that.

>  I guess that selinux is not suggested when doing updates.

What do you mean?  When doing a "yum update" inside a running FC3?  Or
did you upgrade from FC2 to FC3 in anaconda?  Or something else?