KDE bug? Re: RFC: "Include .la files" rule for packages - revisited

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Tue Nov 16 03:48:34 UTC 2004

> (did I guess right?). The shadow lt_dlopennext function from KDE
> ignores *.so files and wants *.la files only. Hence Imlib2 fails.

Well, kdelibs src.rpm reveals that a copy of GNU libltdl is included,
but configured and compiled to not support .so file extensions for
shared libraries:

  checking which extension is used for shared libraries...

That doesn't look intentional, because the corresponding part of
the configure script runs sed on unexpanded variables,

  $libname${shared_ext}

and therefore results in an empty string instead of ".so". Then,
of course, it's no surprise that .so files are no even searched for.

--
Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux 2.6.9-1.667
loadavg: 1.88 1.70 2.29