fc3 on VirtualPC2004?

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 16 16:58:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 09:32 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Any ideas/pointers on getting FC3 running on (MS) VirtualPC (2004)?  It
> installs fine, but doesn't completely get into multiuser (or even
> single-user) mode after that.  Can't get in far enough to much snooping
> around or even look at the logs.

Any idea where it stops? Do you get any text at all on the screen? And
what is the state of your system - freshly installed FC3? udev-039-8
which is shipped in FC3 does seem to have some trouble when running
under VMware, I wonder if this could be something similar? It can be
killed with ^C and you'll get a reasonably functional system; an update
to the latest udev in updates-released fixes the problem.

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University