Fedora.us rebuild [Re: wiki at fedora.us]

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 16 21:47:13 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 15:54 -0500, Josh Bressers wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:43:01 +0100, Kyrre Ness Sjobak
> <kyrre at solution-forge.net> wrote:
> > Could somebody please do something about this:
> >
> > - Fedora Core 3:
> >         Coming soon
> >
> > http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraSources#yum
>
> It's a Wiki.  Anyone can change it, feel free.

Perhaps the real problem is that the directory that it should be
pointing to - the Fedora.us "extras" RPM directory for FC3 - is still
empty? ;) (With the mirror list stuff in Yum and up2date it seems pretty
pointless to ask people to point Yum to the download.fedora.us site I
think, so the only relevant link there would be the one for extra
packages.) Look at http://download.fedora.us , the directory is there
but there is nothing in it.)

Actually, what are the plans regarding a rebuild of Extras for FC3? In
general I think the FC2 builds do work, but there are annoyances; e.g.
C++ packages typically need the compat-libstdc++ package since they are
built against an older version of the C++ standard library. (Notably
this is true for Inkscape, I discovered this when Inkscape just didn't
start after my FC3 upgrade.) Sure I can just rebuild most SRPMs but
isn't the point of having repositories that people can just point to
them and install stuff? Is this stalling on getting the Red Hat build
infrastructure for Extras in place?

Cheers,
Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University