A single FC4 wish

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Wed Nov 17 03:26:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 00:46 +0100, Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:
> I think that should be done in bugzilla, but:
> 1.) developers should not close bugs/RFEs just because they do not want
>     to fix it NOW

Bugzilla is a task tracker; developers really _do_ need to close things
they don't plan to work on. Otherwise the task tracking function of
bugzilla gets hosed. We also don't want to be redundant with upstream
bug trackers, so most feature requests that involve changing an upstream
project need to get closed and moved upstream.

> 2.) there should be a voting system like the one on mozilla.org

>From what I've seen the highest-voted bugs are just the ones someone
posted to Slashdot or went on IRC and said "go vote for this!"

It also leads to threads about how "this bug got a lot of votes, but
nobody is working on it, the developers suck" which may or may not be
accurate.

Havoc