stateless problems

Peter Schobel pschobel at porchlight.ca
Wed Nov 17 17:50:46 UTC 2004

Hi,

i put the rpms into the RPMS dir and ran

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --hdlist /mnt/FC3/Fedora/base/hdlist
--productpath Fedora /mnt/FC3/

this seems to complete successfully

and i can see that the packages have been added to the list

strings /mnt/FC3/Fedora/base/hdlist |grep stateless

stateless-server
stateless-0.20-1.src.rpm
stateless-server
stateless-common
stateless-server-0.20-1.noarch.rpm
stateless-common
stateless-0.20-1.src.rpm
config(stateless-common)
stateless-common
config(stateless-common)
stateless-common-0.20-1.noarch.rpm
stateless-client
stateless-0.20-1.src.rpm
stateless-client
stateless-common
stateless-client-0.20-1.noarch.rpm

strings /mnt/FC3/Fedora/base/hdlist |grep readonly

readonly.so
readonly-root
Enables the use of a readonly root filesystem
of a readonly root filesystem.
The rc.readonly initscript configures the system so that temporary
live CDs. Finally, the readonly-prepare script tweaks an OS image
to make it suitable for booting with readonly-root.
readonly-root-0.10-1.src.rpm
`config(readonly-root)
readonly-root
config(readonly-root)
readonly-root-0.10-1.i386.rpm

however, when i attempt to do the kickstart install, the install now
terminates abnormally right after preparing rpm transaction

thx in advance,

Peter Schobel
~