FC2 repos for new yum

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Nov 18 19:40:45 UTC 2004

--On Thursday, November 18, 2004 9:48 AM -0800 Kenneth Porter
<shiva at sewingwitch.com> wrote:

> Any chance we'll see fedora-release-2 updated to enable use of the new
> yum  repository structure? It looks like the repository database is now
> part of  the release package, not part of yum.

I installed the createrepos and yum packages from FC3, and just the repo
files from the FC3 fedora-release package (extracted from the tarball). I
then used createrepos to create metadata for my local base RPM repo. I
still get a lot of 404's looking for metadata in the public mirrors, though.