rawhide images/pxeboot issue?

Joe Orton jorton at redhat.com
Tue Nov 23 11:57:37 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 04:42:26PM +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 03:28:18PM +0000, Joe Orton wrote:
>
> > I've been unable to boot into the Raw Hide
> > images/pxeboot/{vmlinuz,initrd.img} for a few days, is that just me or
> > is something borked?
>
> You are using a RAID configuration for your / file system, but the kernel
> can not load the RAID module. It does not seem to be in the initrd for
> some reason.

I get the same when I try and boot the Raw Hide boot.iso from CD after
removing all partitions from the partition table in fdisk: but why would
the kernel try to load the root fs from /dev/md0 in either scenario? It
should come out of the initrd in both cases, surely?

md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock
isofs_fill_super: bread failed, dev=md0, iso_blknum=16, block=32
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(9,0)