Addition : Ink Level

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 24 18:04:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 12:50 -0500, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 07:28 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > I haven't had that working. Even 'lpq' doesn't
> > show me the jobs once they've been sent to the server.
>
> Right; AFAIK it's never worked in CUPS for queuing from a local CUPS
> server to remote printers, because of the lack of monitoring in IPP.
> Here's a sort of explanation:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-June/msg00392.html
>
> eggcups should work though; it has a hack for it.

Does the remote CUPS server need to be configured in any special way for
this "hack" to work? When printing for my FC3 notebook to a printer
connected to my still-on-FC2 server, at least some of the time (maybe
always actually) the print jobs simply seem to never disappear. Not even
when I try to cancel them. I'm pretty sure that I have never
successfully cancelled a print job after it has been spooled to the
remote queue, but perhaps that is beyond the scope of the "hack"?

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University