stateless linux

Peter Schobel pschobel at porchlight.ca
Thu Nov 25 00:12:33 UTC 2004

i have 2 filesystems mounted from my fstab /filestore and /mnt/usb

they are mounted ok and i can see the data but i can't see them in
/etc/mtab or running df

also, my /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file is still
disappearing and yet sometimes the file will be gone but the interface
will still load

i really feel like i need to have a better understanding of what the
stateless-client and readonly-root packages are doing in order to admin
this system

if anyone can point me to some docs it would be _much_ appreciated

i checked out the sml source from cvs but it didn't seem like there's
anything in there that resembles documentation

thx in advance,

Peter Schobel
~

[root at pinab-devel ~]# cat /etc/fstab
# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults
1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults
1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620
0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults
0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults
0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults
0 0
/dev/hda6               /filestore              ext3    defaults
0 0
/dev/sda1               /mnt/usb                ext3    defaults
0 0
[root at pinab-devel ~]# cat /etc/mtab
/dev/hda2 / ext3 rw 0 0
none /proc proc rw 0 0
none /sys sysfs rw 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts rw,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0
/dev/hda1 /boot ext3 rw 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0
none /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc binfmt_misc rw 0 0
sunrpc /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs rpc_pipefs rw 0 0
none /proc proc rw 0 0
[root at pinab-devel ~]# df -m
Filesystem           1M-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda2                 3027       863      2011  31% /
/dev/hda1                   99        11        83  12% /boot
none                       126         1       125   1% /dev/shm
sunrpc                    3027       863      2011  31%
/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs