Kernel Crashs - interessting ?

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Fri Nov 26 14:40:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-26 at 07:54 -0600, Otto Haliburton wrote:

[snip]

> If nvidia supplies the driver to linux then you may have success in this
> route, but if they do not their answer will be "we don't support linux and
> if there is a problem report to the organization that wrote the driver" or
> it doesn't occur on windoze.

  And what exactly is your point?  This is precisely what people are
being instructed to do.  Report problems with the 'nvidia' driver to
nVidia, Inc.  Report problems with the 'nv' driver to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com, or in many cases
http://bugzilla.freedesktop.org.

PS: Sorry if I'm a little curt.  I'm just getting fricken' fed up with
people coming to this and other lists and bitching about Red Hat not
taking responsibility for other vendors' problems (nVidia, VMware,
<fill-in-your-favorite-binary-only-vendor-here).

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator