Eina - gtk2 replacement for xmms

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Nov 29 00:14:52 UTC 2004

On 11/28/2004 03:56:17 PM, Sindre Pedersen Bjordal wrote:
> Totem offers this kind of functionality, and because both rhythmbox
> and
> totem uses gstreamer, I would think we already have a good solution
> for
> both of the playback scenarios with minimum hassle.

Yes, and I currently use totem that way. Hopefully in fc4 totem will be
in default gnome desktop install, rather than needing to be selected.

But totem has a rather large interface when it starts up, it in a movie
player.

Something like xmms but gtk2 and GStreamer is what I long for. Gamp is
nice, and even works well for me - even with aac files (which Rhythmbox
doesn't - yet ...) but Eina has the best interface I've seen (so far)
and (well, it doesn't work for me) allows you to load a single song or
load from a playlist.