print configuration

Trever L. Adams tadams-lists at myrealbox.com
Tue Nov 30 19:50:13 UTC 2004

I am not entirely sure if this is how to do it. But, here goes:

In the past you could configure printers using the RedHat supplied tools
(as found in menus) in Samba. I am no longer seeing this. I have checked
the option in print conf to share the printers and autodiscover them. I
think this is a cups thing. However, this doesn't even seem to be
working with my systems. (I do have all the systems checked to discover
the shared printers.)

Even if this was working, this doesn't share them with the Windows
world.

In FC4 is it possible to add an option in printconf or what not that
will share them via Samba as well as cups method?

Trever
--
"What makes his world so hard to see clearly is not its strangeness but
its usualness. Familiarity can blind you." -- Robert M. Pirsig