RPM specfiles for commercial packages?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Oct 1 18:20:40 UTC 2004

--On Friday, October 01, 2004 1:01 PM -0500 Jason L Tibbitts III
<tibbs at math.uh.edu> wrote:

> So far I've done Matlab R14sp1, Mathematica
> 5, the PGI compiler suite and RealPlayer.  (OK, RealPlayer was already
> an RPM but doing everything in a postinstall script is pretty nasty.)

How do others handle patches? I use Lugaru Epsilon (http://www.lugaru.com/)
and each patch shows up as a new package that can be applied to any
previous version within a major version branch. But I don't think there's
much prereq stuff enforced. And a lot of work is done in %post to set up
symlinks in /usr/local/bin and install the .info file.