What to do about libc-client (imap)?

Paul Jakma paul at dishone.st
Sat Oct 2 18:28:18 UTC 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Warren Togami wrote:

> But why do we keep php-imap?  NOTHING we ship uses it.
> squirrelmail long ago decided php-imap was unreliable and made
> their own implementation.
>
> Our forced attempts to get rid of imap in FC2 were done in a
> confusing manner which remains both a support burden for us, and a
> huge point of frustration to users. [1] To make matters worse,
> 'libc-client' is a confusing name which is too similar to 'glibc',
> and meaningless to all developers.
>
> Is this really worth more years of headache?  Here are two
> proposals to deal with this.

As a 'user' of c-lib (via PINE, not shipped in FC), I'd say the
uwimap-libs makes most sense. Indeed, remove it all together.

As an aside, is there any /decent/ C IMAP client library out there?

regards,
Fortune:
The hardest thing is to disguise your feelings when you put a lot of
relatives on the train for home.