Segfaults with file selection dialogs

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Oct 5 14:40:59 UTC 2004

Kyrre Ness Sjobak wrote :

> >  now that I finally have suspend to RAM working, I'm
> > going to be extra careful about things like this ;-)
>
> Via ACPI? How did you do that?!?

I have an ATI Radeon Mobility 9600 in a Dell Inspiron 8600, and these
instructions worked for me :
http://www.loria.fr/~thome/d600/

Basically, I had to recompile my kernel with the radeonfb-4g patch applied
and radeonfb built in. All the rest is pretty much optional. A colleague
with the same laptop but with an NVidia card also got suspend working with
FC2, but I think is was by using the binary drivers.

I'd love to see suspend working out-of-the-box, but that means adding a
patch to the Fedora Core kernel, and that's not in the same direction as
trying to keep as close as possible to upstream... so I'm hoping the people
who made that patch will try to push it into the mainstream kernel if they
consider it clean enough.

My problem now is that I know I won't be able to live without suspend ever
again... ;-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 2.91 (FC3 Test 2) - Linux kernel 2.6.8-1.521.dell
Load : 0.50 0.49 0.44