LVM should not be used by default with FC3

Steven Pritchard steve at silug.org
Thu Oct 7 14:49:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 09:56:06AM -0400, David Hollis wrote:
> My /etc/fstab entries look like:
>
> /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                       ext3    defaults
> 1 1

This reminds me...  Is there any particular reason the default names
of volume groups are "VolGroupXX" instead of something simpler like
"vg00"?  Ditto with logical volumes.

HPUX (and the LVM man pages, last I looked) uses vgXX and lvolX.  I
personally prefer to be a bit more consistent and use vgXX/lvXX.
Either way, I find short, lowercase names to be much easier to type,
look at, etc.

Steve
--
Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve at kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/