SRPM's and determining spec file

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Oct 7 17:36:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:30:47 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-10-06 at 23:00, Steve G wrote:
> > >What do you do if there's more than one spec file?
> >
> > What srpm has more than one?
>
> Can't tell offhand, but for example there at least used to be a
> guideline in www.fedora.us somewhere stating that if providing an update
> over a Fedora Core package, the original unmodified upstream (FC)
> specfile should be included as a source in the SRPM.  Can't find that
> now, though.

And in case it still exists, I hope it suggests renaming the old
spec file *.spec.old or something like that.

But activity in the "patches" repository [1] has stopped a long time
ago, and we don't have any place for Fedora Alternatives yet.

[1] http://download.fedora.us/patches/

--
Fedora Core release 2.91 (FC3 Test 2) - Linux 2.6.8-1.541
loadavg: 1.17 1.17 1.30