Totem/GStreamer and Fedora

Sean Middleditch elanthis at awesomeplay.com
Fri Oct 8 13:34:38 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 11:05 +0200, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Op do 07-10-2004, om 20:30 schreef Sean Middleditch:
> > I'm having a problem where totem isn't displaying anything normally;
> > just a black area where the video should be.  If I popup a menu or move
> > another window over totem, the video flickers in and out of existence.
> > Sometimes it'll stay afterwards, most of the time it won't.  The video
> > is always visible when I display it in fullscreen mode.
>
> This is interesting. I heard another user telling me that he didn't get
> an image at all or had garbled image, but *only* if he had the
> compositing manager running. Are you running xcompmgr? If so, what card,
> what videosink (gstreamer-properties), what driver and so on?

No xcompmgr, and the Composite extension is disabled.  Integrated Intel
i845 chipset with the i810 driver.

Audio sink is ALSA, Video sink is XWindows (X11/Xshm/Xv).  If I try
Xwindows (no Xv) I get no display at all (the video box on Totem is not
displayed).  If I try SDL, the video widget doesn't seem to ever get
redrawn - it just gets various window trash drawn onto it and that is
never cleared up.

Switching the audio sink had no effect; the visual problem persisted.
(Figured I'd test that just in case.)

> Thanks,
>
> Ronald
>
> --