wrong extension dragging tar.bz2 files from evolution to firefox download manager

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Fri Oct 15 07:17:26 UTC 2004

If I drag a url that downloads a tar.bz2 file (and presumably a tar.gz
file too) from evolution (and probably elsewhere) to the filefox browser
window, the file downloads as I would expect.

However, if I drag the same file to the download manager window for
firefox, it appends a .tar on the end of the file name.

Here's a trial URL:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-session/2.8/gnome-session-2.8.1.tar.bz2

Note: you don't need to download the file to see that the filenames are
wrong.

Is anyone else seeing this, and where should I file the bug?

Is this a firefox bug, or something that's happened in the modifications
upstream for fedora core 3?

Rodd
--
>From the pain come the dream