Sound not working?

Ricardo Veguilla veguilla at hpcf.upr.edu
Fri Oct 15 15:36:07 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 12:12 -0300, Patricio Bruna V. wrote:
> hi, when i listen mp3 the other app (like gaim) can't play sounds, and
> the sound get queued until xmms stop, and then all the sound are playing
> together. How can i make that more that one app can access to the sound
> device?

First of all, I think this question is off-topic in this mailing list
(which is dedicated to development discussion). You should probably ask
in fedora-list or fedora-test.

The answer to your question probably depends on:
a) which program you are using to play mp3
b) which audio output (esd,ALSA, or OSS for example) the program is
using.
c) which sound card you have

Regards,
--