hal-device-manager crashing

Marcus Schuetz biped at comcast.net
Fri Oct 15 19:30:32 UTC 2004

hal-device-manager  is crashing for me with the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/hal-device-manager", line 12, in ?
    from DeviceManager import DeviceManager
  File "/usr/share/hal/device-manager/DeviceManager.py", line 6, in ?
    import dbus
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/dbus.py", line 44, in ?
    import dbus_bindings
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/dbus_bindings.so:
undefined symbol: dbus_message_iter_get_object_path
Exit 1

I have the following hal & dbus related packages installed:

hal-gnome-0.4.0-2
hal-cups-utils-0.5.2-6
hal-0.4.0-2
hal-devel-0.4.0-2
dbus-devel-0.22-10
dbus-x11-0.22-10
dbus-python-0.22-10
dbus-glib-0.22-10
dbus-0.22-10

My system seems to be wonky anyway, so I wanted to check if anybody has
a solution or has seen this as well before I go to bugzillaland.

Thanks,

Marcus