contribute a package

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sun Oct 17 13:26:25 UTC 2004

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:36:10 +0530, arc_of_descent wrote:

> > Think you should check out fedora.us - as far as i know, everything that
> > enters core must have been in extras first.
>
> Its already in the stable RPM list of Fedora extras.
> How do I try and get it into the main Fedora?

General usefulness and importance would need to justify its inclusion
in case you need to persuade somebody. You would file a bug report
on component "distribution" and explain why you think the package
ought to be included in Fedora Core and why it is not enough to keep
it in Extras.

Btw, it is extremely bad form to not insert your real name in your
e-mails and use a pseudonym instead. I know some subscribers on these
list use fake real names. But if you're serious about getting a
package included, you should not do that.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.8-1.541
loadavg: 1.04 1.20 1.27