status of ghostscript

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Oct 19 19:20:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 08:41:31PM +0200, Xose Vazquez Perez wrote:

> Tim Waugh wrote:
>
> >Okay -- but what are the differences between ESP Ghostscript and the
> >Ghostscript package we actually ship?
>
> latest Fedora Ghostscript and latest ESP Ghostscript are both based on GNU
> 7.07.
> but ESP brings ->
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/espgs/espgs/CHANGES?rev=1.101

I know that *currently* Fedora Ghostscript is based on GNU Ghostscript
7.07 -- that's because I just haven't had the time to port all the
patches.  But in principle someone from the Fedora Community could do
that, or it could be made a blocker/target for the next development
cycle, etc.  Whereas with ESP Ghostscript we would be reliant on ESP
to do the work.

The other way of looking at it is that ESP would do the work and we
wouldn't have to. :-)

Just want to figure out which is more appropriate for Fedora Core.

Tim.
*/