status of ghostscript

Xose Vazquez Perez xose at wanadoo.es
Tue Oct 19 19:57:55 UTC 2004

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> I don't know the ESP people, but from my POW their fork could easily
> turn into something like the ximian oo.o fork (ie a staging area where
> distros pool patches instead of reinventing the wheel in their little
> linux corner and massively duplicating efforts).
>
> Of course I may be horribly wrong;)

the big trouble is AFPL upstream code is not under GPL license so
it's impossible to merge patches into it. And the only one option
is to maintain an external patch(or repository) as Fedora or ESP are doing.
And doing sync with new GPL releases.

Or a _real_ fork.

--
Hello, this is Darl McBride, and I pronounce Linux as UNIX.