Paralell startup

Mircea MITU mmitu at bitdefender.com
Thu Oct 21 08:36:45 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 10:13 -0700, James Harrison wrote:
> > recache its fonts, or maybe ntpdate is syncing with the time server.
> Sometimes daemons fail, so there has to be a mechanism to show a failure.
>
> What happens if the daemon/service fails that other daemons depend on? Does
> the machine fail to boot properly or does it fail back to a serial boot?

I'd rather prefer to not launch any other daemons is one fails. Imagine
that iptables fails to start for some reason and networking and network
related daemons do start up properly, leaving the system open to "bad
guys".

--
Mircea MITU
BitDefender Linux Business-Line Manager

--
This message was scanned for spam and viruses by BitDefender
For more information please visit http://linux.bitdefender.com/