Packaging question time

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Tue Oct 26 12:25:58 UTC 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:22:20 +0200, Gianluca Sforna wrote:

> I have three options.
>
> 1. lobbying for inclusion of cmake
> 2. use qmake then make in the %build section
> 3. Include a pre-generated Makefile
>
> now 1 does not seems to be a short term solution (besides, did anyone
> ever propose cmake as a new package??)
> 2 seems to me the most obvious option but this raises another
> question: what should I put in BuildRequires?? qmake, qt-devel or
> what?

qt-devel (or /usr/bin/qmake, which would only break if qmake were
moved to a different bin directory).

> 3 would make sense but I guess it will be detrimental to the package
> configurability (my chosen options will be hardcoded in the Makefile).
> Moreover, how would I deal with the additional file in the .spec??

You would either insert your prebuilt Makefile as a %patch or include
it as a %{SOURCEx} file. The ugly thing about a prebuilt Makefile most
likely will be that it contains hardcoded paths (to programs,
libraries and headers), which would increase the maintenance
requirements.

--
Fedora Core release 2.92 (FC3 Test 3) - Linux 2.6.9-1.640
loadavg: 0.08 0.04 0.09