sound server

Zack Cerza zcerza at redhat.com
Thu Oct 28 21:17:48 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 15:24 -0400, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 02:11:06PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Do we have any comments on the sound server topic from a broader
> > perspective than only GNOME?
>
> Is there any perspective on using arts

aRts will most likely be dropped from KDE by version 4. They're
currently looking at gstreamer, MAS and NMM (I don't know what this last
one is. Maybe someone else does?).

In #kde-devel on Freenode today:
16:46 < aseigo_work> zack: seriously, though, the best thing that could happen
                     is that RH gets involved with the kde-multimedia
                     discussions ... throw some effort onto the table with the
                     project. it's really difficult to coordinate effective
                     solutions with all the various os vendors when all the
                     various os vendors insist on doing their decision making
                     quietly behind more-or-less closed doors ;-)

While this list isn't really a "closed door" any more than any other
public list, it seems to me that this discussion isn't really Fedora-
specific. There's got to be a better place to have it.

Zack