Status of IT8212 RADI/IDE and pwc drivers (Alan!)

Peter Backlund peter.backlund at home.se
Fri Oct 29 11:34:34 UTC 2004

Hello.

I'd like to know what the status of the IT8212 RAID/IDE Controller
driver is with regard to the FC3 kernel. Is it possible to pick the
driver from the -ac patchset and build against the FC3 kernel, or do the
API differ too much? If it's not possible to build, could the driver be
modified to use the old IDE API?

Also, could you bring back the pwc driver please? It's gone missing from
2.6.9-1.643 again. I suppose it's marked buggy, but it works fine (for
me at least). On the other hand, if it's easier to create an add-on
package containing both pwc and pwcx when the pwc module is _not_
distributed with the main kernel, it's better to leave it this way.

/Peter Backlund