FC3 rpm behavior change

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Sat Oct 30 18:44:07 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 12:42, Rex Dieter wrote:

> I have to agree with the consensus shown here that this change in
> default behavior is, to put in mildly, *just plain stupid*.  Please,
> please revert to previous, proper behavior, and force folks who insist
> on this broken behavior to use
> rpm --replacefiles

  Agreed, wholeheartedly.  Hell, why bother with rpm at all, if this is
the default.  I might as well switch a DIY linux and just install from
tarball.  Without an explanation, or maybe a pointer to the a discussion
on rpm-list (is that hosted at Red Hat?), this just seems like someone
was smokin' crack.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator