mail gui

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Oct 30 21:17:54 UTC 2004

--On Saturday, October 30, 2004 7:20 PM +0000 "Michael A. Peters"
<mpeters at mac.com> wrote:

> postfix should be the default mta in a chroot jail.
> It satisfies the needs of the vast majority of users - and I think has  a
> cleaner codebase and is easier to config then sendmail.

In the default case, what's to config?

It's only in the non-default case that things get interesting.

A unified configuration utility is only a problem if the choices offer
different and conflicting features. Otherwise you just write a common front
end and MTA-specific back ends to edit the files. So first come up with a
front end design that enumerates all the features you want to control.