Mail gui config

Mircea MITU mmitu at bitdefender.com
Sat Oct 30 23:26:47 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 19:01 -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Mircea MITU wrote:
>
> > You're right, those are silly reasons. But I, for one, I see two major
> > reasons to make this switch, from sendmail to postfix as the MTA of
> > choice:
> >
> > 1. SANS Top Vulnerabilities, U5. Mail Transport Service
> > http://www.sans.org/top20/#u5
> >
> > 2. The very first thing done by the almost all the people I know after a
> > RH/Fedora install, is rpm -e sendmail
> >
> > I really wonder how many subscribers are still using Sendmail.
>
> It does not matter how many subscribers on this list are still using Sendmail.
> I too am one of the people who does -sendmail +postfix in my kickstart configs
> but remember Red Hat has to support RHEL and I will be the majority of RHEL
> customers migrating from things like slowaris expect sendmail. A lot of these
> people are old farts that have been around for a hundred years and do not
> like to change things they are comfortable with. Like it or not we are most
> likely stuck with sendmail forever.

No offense meant, but let's cut the crap. I did bring some RHEL
customers to RH by migrating them from NT/2k and I had no complains from
the old farts about Exchange missing.

Companies do not migrate from Solaris to RHEL due to 0-changes in the
default install. The business pressure to minimize costs, conformance to
some standards and audits and/or overall performance are the relevant
factors for platform migrations or non-migrations.