Religous wars

Stephen J Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Fri Sep 3 20:45:26 UTC 2004

Dax Kelson wrote:
>>xorg-x11-6.7.99.2-2
>>-------------------
>>* Thu Aug 12 2004 Mike A. Harris <mharris at redhat.com> 6.7.99.2-2
>>
>>- Added code to the rpm pre script to munge the config file to change the
>>  "keyboard" driver to "kbd" driver on upgrades, as XOrg no longer supports
>>  the old "keyboard" driver.
>>- Use perl -p -i -e in pre rpm script for all config file munging instead of
>>  grep and temporary files.
>

> Did the policy on no perl in RPM pre/post install scripts change?
>
> There have been many bugzilla bugs filed and fixed over the years
> removing perl from rpm scripts.

Wow. I havent seen a good religous war in some time. Will be burning
Larry Wall or Guido today? Its getting cold out soon so how about
burning them both and the rest of the heretics who do not use awk.

[Sorry.. just had a long 'discussion' on how Debian was the one true OS
and RH/Fedora/Gentoo heretics were the cause of all problems on the
earth.. I didnt figure I would see one here too.]

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 | PH: 4-0645