Religous wars

Stephen J Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Fri Sep 3 22:34:51 UTC 2004

Dax Kelson wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 14:45, Stephen J Smoogen wrote:

> Nah.
>
> This is not a religious thing. And my post wasn't meant as a troll.

No it wasnt.. mine ended up being more like one.. probably because of
other conversations I had just gotten out of.

> Read all the justification posts about lean installs without perl, etc.

I understand the justification for not using perl, and I can see the
justification of using perl. I just see some of the trolls below your
message as me-andering into a discussion of what the
one-true-scripting-language should be based off of feelings/emotions
versus technical effects.

In the end, it is up to the Fedora leadership to come up with a
published policy on how official core/extra spec files should be
scripted. And if perl/python/tcl/ruby isnt to be used in them.. then
someone should help make the various sed bits more manageble to use for
the developers who are stuck not using the language their brain finds
most comfortable.

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Lab  CCN-5 | PH: 4-0645