FC3test2 candidate tree

Bob Gustafson bobgus at rcn.com
Sun Sep 5 00:39:28 UTC 2004

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I've just started uploading the latest "release candidate" for FC3test2.
>
>This is interesting. util-linux does not compile as is. It must be patches to
>link against ltermcap since slang requires it. cfdisk is what complains.
>
>Also, the latest glibc-kernheaders breaks gpm since it provides its own input
>struct definitions. Kudzu is also broken because it uses "byte" as a datatype
>which seems to be missing now. I typedef'd byte from unsigned char to fix
>this.
>
>My question...how does mach mysteriously fixup these bugs when the srpms
>clearly
>do not compile?
>
>Just curious...
>
>-Steve Grubb

Good question.

Is there any documentation of the 'process' involved in putting together
the "release candidate"

What goes in, what is delayed, what machines are used, what compilers
(consistent throughout all the rpms?), etc?

Are there any tools used to check compatibility (tinderbox?) before
inclusion, any theory?  Or is it just a slice of rawhide torn off and put
into iso images?

BobG