rawhide report: 20040904 changes

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Mon Sep 6 07:27:39 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 05, 2004 at 02:45:36PM +0200, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
> Hi Jakub,
>
> On Sat, 2004-09-04 at 13:42, Build System wrote:
> > mc-4.6.0-18
> > -----------
>
> What's up? rawhide report 20040904 speaks of:
>
> mc-4.6.1-0.1
> ------------

mc-4.6.1-0.1 has been moved to fc3-hold, i.e. it won't appear in FC3 test2,
but will appear right after it in rawhide.

> I know I asked you to wait with updating to CVS a while, but since we
> are in testing anyway, it probably doesn't matter that much. I don't
> expect an update to current CVS to introduce any (new) breakage, so
> maybe you should push ahead. If not, could you make the 4.6.1 src rpm
> available somewhere?

ftp://people.redhat.com/jakub/mc/
has the src.rpm, though not the binary rpms.  It is just rpmbuild --rebuild
away though.

> I've got a few other things to take care of, but I'll try to fix
> Vladimir's UTF-8 fixes and enhancements this week.

Thanks.

> Regarding the patches you send me for upstream inclusion, I am busy
> writing up an answer but have to check a thing or two before I can reply
> in full. I will send you that answer tonight or tomorrow.

AFAIK Pavel commited most of the small patches.
I'll update soon and see what's left, of course the UTF-8 stuff is not in.

	Jakub