minimal install

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at neenet.com
Wed Sep 8 01:26:14 UTC 2004

Hello All,

I have been an avid Linux user for a long time now, but must say that I
have been using Mandrake most of that time. That was because I thought
that it was a little more cutting-edge than Red Hat. Now it seems that
the price of that cutting edge was that things do not always work as
good as you would like.

Anyway, I am very eager to try Fedora and see if it is more stable and
compatible with various other applications.

I would like to know if someone could either tell me some of the
specifics, or direct me to some documentation on the Fedora installer.
I want to learn how things are done.

For example I would like to know where in the Stage2.img is the list of
install types and install messages that you see when it is running.

I would like to see what file Fedora uses to define what the "minimal"
install is, or "Server" install list of packages because I need the
absolute smallest install + XWindows and the smallest (simplest) window
manager.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Lonnie