vsftpd.conf

Paul Trippett paul at icdw.co.uk
Sat Sep 11 09:39:16 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-11 at 06:42, Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> Not really...I think he makes a very valid point that allowing trusted
> users to login via FTP is worse than allowing anonymous users FTP
> access.  FTP should only ever be used in anonymous mode, like HTTP
> servers are mostly used for.  If you don't what that, don't enable the
> service.

yes, it is best practise but how many companies use FTP on there
internal network "in a controlled enviroment" to put data onto internal
web/ftp/email etc servers. This number has to outway the number of
companies running known anonymous ftp servers. Linux is being used more
an more in internal company networks where anonymous ftp to servers
would not be wanted.

/pt