vsftpd.conf

Kyrre Ness Sjobak kyrre at solution-forge.net
Sat Sep 11 20:13:08 UTC 2004

... And if you want anonymous logins, you WILL notice it if it dont
work. Same goes to user-logins. So why not simply disable both in the
standard-config-file (effectively making the server unusable until
someone have changed the config), and include comments telling how to
enable it?

One common use case for non-anonymous ftp is file uppload to a web-hotel
- as most users either dont know about or dont care about more secure
ways. And those have mostly disabled ssh logins.