Homedir backup (was Re: "Stateless Linux" project)

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Wed Sep 15 16:59:12 UTC 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 12:54:34PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> I think this is a pretty safe assumption In the United States and some
> portions of the western world, but not a good assumption in a lot of
> other places.

I disagree even with that. There are a lot of networks that have volume
charges and you don't want to mistake them for the users home lan.
OTOH if you've got the kind of autoconfiguration that can find the backup
service and see if it is the right one for this user you can get the right
results.

Alan