non root LVM not working with recent initscripts

Ronny Buchmann ronny-vlug at vlugnet.org
Sun Apr 3 10:45:55 UTC 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 10:29, Peter Jones wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-04-03 at 10:16 +0200, Ronny Buchmann wrote:
> >
> > the real problem is:
> > rc.sysinit tries to create device nodes when / is still read-only.
>
> Why should that matter?  /dev should be a rw tmpfs mount, and rw.
Oh I didn't notice that (I think it should be added to mtab and fstab)

After investigating a bit further I think I found it:
/etc/lvm/archive and /etc/lvm/backup are not existing
so "/sbin/lvm.static vgscan --mknodes --ignorelockingfailure" complains about
failing mkdir (because of read-only fs)

So it seems the best thing would be to include /etc/lvm/archive
and /etc/lvm/archive in the lvm rpm.

changed the bug to component lvm2

thanks
--