Postgresql fails compiling today

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Apr 3 16:03:53 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 07:54:32 -0700,
  Steve G <linux_4ever at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm still researching a strange problem. If I set the date on my machine to Apr
> 2(EST), the postgresql package compiles. If my machine is Apr 3 (EDT), it fails
> to compile. Something dies in the horology tests. My guess is something to do
> with Daylight Savings Time.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?

Well it doesn't seem to have made the level of an FAQ, but it is a known
issue. Only the regression tests, you should actually be able to make
and install it. You can double check the regression tests tomorrow.

I believe that Tom Lane was considering doing some work on those tests
so that the regression tests wouldn't fail on days where the timezone
changed, but it isn't a real high priority.