[RFC] making release notes a community effort

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Wed Apr 6 00:03:25 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 09:13 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraDocs/fRelNotes/RelNotesProcess
>
> The basic idea is to break the relnotes down into modules for individual
> or teams of writers to tackle.  Then you would have one or more writers
> dedicated to a project or subset of Linux, such as kernel, network
> services, printing, UI/desktop, SELinux, etc.  Then it is easier to keep
> the dedicated writing resource informed throughout the development
> process.

I took a look at that, and that is WAY too long.  I don't see why the
listed packages need to be in there, as far as what is added, removed,
etc.. I would think those could be listed to something on a URL
somewhere as a link or something along those lines.  Maybe major changes
with certain packages, such as kernel, gcc, glibc, xorg, etc..

Ideas/thoughts?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"