gnome-vfs not in Rawhide?

Andy Grimm ag381597 at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 6 04:16:46 UTC 2005

> Andy Grimm (ag381597 at ohio.edu) said:
> > Is GnuCash (and Guppi, I guess) in need of an RPM maintainer?
>
> Not that I know of.

Ok.  I just saw Elliot's sig and (without looking at the gnucash rpm
changelog to see that you maintain it) thought maybe he was trying to
get it moved into extras *and* give the maintenance responsibility away.
My mistake.

> > Has any thought been given to including a "gnucash2" package in extras
> > as well?  I built it from CVS a couple months back, and it seems far
> > enough along to be usable for basic accounting, as long as you aren't
> > planning to run a business on it.
>
> Upstream has specifically requested that the g2 branch not be
> packaged yet, as it has a couple of data-eating bugs.

That was going to be my question to their team, and you just saved me
some time.  Thanks.  :-)  Perhaps I should direct some time to helping
them get the bugs worked out so that it can packaged up for FC5 or
something...

--Andy