Fedora Mini

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Wed Apr 6 07:15:42 UTC 2005

Hi, Guys:

I am looking at a way to use a 486 laptop as an AP, and I see significant
advantages to using some derivative of Fedora. If packaging can be kept
the same, things like bash, linux-utils, and modutils can be shared.

I looked over source-based and embedded distros and the field looks
terribly splintered. It's hard to pick a distro which won't disappear
next week. Also, since most of them are amateurish operations, they
tend towards things like dietlibc or uclibc, busybox, etc. Such approach
is too limiting for my needs.

I am curious if anyone thought about starting some sort of "Small Server"
fork of Fedora. I figure it's not something that is a pure fantasy,
considering that Spot manages Aurora all by himself. Come to think of it,
what forks and derivatives of Fedora do we know?

-- Pete