[RFC] making release notes a community effort

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Wed Apr 6 09:18:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 22:37 -0400, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> Are you just picking nits a bit here?  making the 'release notes'
> include urls to details like added,removed etc... is just adding
> complexity without addressing the underlying issue about how to get
> the detailed material written. Someone still has to write those
> details no matter where exactly they are. No matter how you divided
> the information up.. if its expected to be available at release time..
> its a release note.  Which of the little modules to include in the
> document that ships in the isos and which of the little modules to
> only make available as urls in the fedora website is a decision you
> make after you have the little modules written.  Lets worry about
> getting modules written and then worry about the problem of too many
> modules.

I agree, was just stating something I saw/thought of, so I just put it
out there just to be there, if not for the future, as the template is
being created.

Side note, it wasn't that it had too many modules.  It was listing all
those packages and the actually size of the notes itself, as in too many
pages (seemed like I had to scroll forever past those particular pages).

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"