What happened to mysql support in php??

Kim B. Nielsen kbn at daimi.au.dk
Wed Apr 6 22:31:22 UTC 2005

Mircea MITU wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 23:22 +0200, Kim B. Nielsen wrote:
>

>>Hi...
>>
>>Just updated to FC4, test 1, latest packages to help out in bugspotting
>>etc.
>>
>>I just noticed, that mysql isn't working in php 5. Is this known, and if
>>so, is it taken care of. If not, I would put some time into recompiling
>>whatever neccesary...
>>

>Did you installed php-mysql?
>
>I'm using php5 with php-mysql from rawhide, not from fc4-test1, but
>these packages are also in fc1-test1.

Yes... And I just solved my problem... The problem was actually trivial.
I upgraded to development from FC3, so in my php.ini file, there was a
reference to /usr/lib/php4. Changing that to /usr/lib/php/modules did
the trick. Sorry for the noise :) And thanks for the helpfullness...

I'll keep bughunting :)

Regards
Kim